Essential WordPress Plugins. Do your Blog have it?
Have you ever installed WordPress and wondered what plugins you should be installing?
You are not alone? Don’t Worry!
There are millions of plugin from Freemium to Premium in the market, and many new users are in doubt for which plugins to choose and install on their blog. Even we were on the situation that you are now, and after lots of experiment, Installs and test we are here to present you the Top 15 Essential WordPress Plugins that you must have installed on your blog.
As you know there are so many alternatives for a single plugin, it may turn out that the plugin that is suitable for you may not be as suitable for another person.
But here’s the thing…
So instead of blowing your head and asking others in forums or blogs, just get started with this list and the below mentioned essential wordpress plugins.
Below is the list that i always follow as myself when installing any plugin on my new blogs, also I have included the alternatives for this plugins.
This posts are related with this article, Click on the link to read those related articles.
- Top 5 Best Caching plugin for WordPress Blogs.
- Top 5 Best & Free WordPress Security Plugins for Your Blog.
- How To Detect Broken Links in WordPress Blog.
- How to Stop 404 Errors and Fix It Automatically in WordPress.
1. W3 Total Cache | Caching Plugin
When it comes for Caching in WordPress, the market has got lots of option and among them we have included all of them. There are Alternatives for W3 Total Cache and has lots of features, Check it Out.
Caching is the best way to easily improve your users experience without having to make changes to your website’s content or deal with programming or anything else. TagMan found that just a one second delay could cause a 7% drop in conversions. This is an Essential WordPress Plugins that you must have on your blog to speedup your loading and cut down visitors wait time.
Check the Alternatives for W3 Total Cache | Caching Plugin.
Security for your blog
This is a big deal! Security is a big issue on WordPress and from a research it has come to know that about 40% Spammers are focused on spamming WordPress Blogs and around 36% Hackers are focused to exploit the wordpress. So to find the loop holes on wordpress and stop the security threat and have a sound sleep, we recommend to use this plugins.
How could we complete the Essential WordPress Plugins list if we don’t focus on security, so here’s it.
3. iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
This plugins provides an awesome feature by providing more than 30 types of protection features for your site. Some of the features are listed below & the best part is , it comes for Free
- Ban IP addresses and hosts.
- Scans for changes to files.
- Built in brute force protection.
- 404 error detection.
- Helpful security logs.
- Malware scanning.
- White list your own IP address.
- Database backups.
- Strong password generator.
- Export / import settings in a few clicks.
This plugin is a straight forward to use and also scans your files and codes for any malicious codes in it.
- compatible with Multi-site .
- 2 factor authentication.
- Built in caching.
- Blocks malicious networks.
- Scans for file changes.
- Malware scanning.
- Blocks known attackers in real time.
- Disk space monitoring.
- IP blocking.
5. MyMail – Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress
A super simple Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress to create, send and track your Newsletter Campaigns.
Complete Features List
- Track Opens, Clicks, Unsubscriptions and Bounces Of Mails
- Track Countries and Cities of your Campaigns.
- Schedule your Campaigns
- Six types of auto responders
- send your latest post/articles to your subscribers
- Option to embed Newsletter with Shortcodes
- Forward via Email
- Option to Share with Social Media Services
- Create Unlimited Subscription Forms
- Sidebar Widgets
- Many Many more….
One of the Best Mailing Plugin, As Email subscribers are the best way of getting regular traffic. This Plugin is premium and comes for $39 on codecanyon.net. Buy MyMail from Codecanyon.
This Plugin is one of my preferential plugins. I don’t leave any of my blog run without this plugin. Just think for any reason your every files on your server gets deleted and you end up with no backup, that will be your worst nightmare As I have suffered it because of a vulnerability of a plugin a hacker breached and deleted all my files.
- Create full WordPress backups, including content, settings, themes, and plugins
- Can Download backup to your computer in a Compress ZIP or TAR file
- Option to Schedule daily / weekly / monthly backups to be updated on your server
- Define how many backups should be stored on the server
- Auto upload backups to your Dropbox Account
- Auto store backups directly to Google Drive Account
- Send regular notification of backups to your email address
- Restore any backup in just one click
- Works with WordPress Network (Multisite)
This Plugin comes for $27 on codecanyon. Download Yours.
7. JetPack – [#1 Essential WordPress Plugins ]
This Plugin is freakingly Awesome. Its a compulsory plugin for every wordpress blogs featuring amazing features. It includes Google Authorship, Sharing Buttons, Blogs traffic Stats, Sharing, Automatic Posting on social networks and many more.
The best part is this is provided for FREE and is distributed by Automatic Inc. To download the plugin, go to Add new Plugin > Search > Jectpack.
Manage redirects and monitor 404 errors
For any website owner it is very important to know his redirects and 404 error triggering url’s. Like If you change a posts URL then you need to redirect it to the new URL. It has the option to create a permanent or temporary redirection .
This is a very handy plugin when it comes to manage broken urls or 404 / 301 / 302 errors, which will manage all of your URL redirects and makes it easy to add redirects for 404 errors.
The automatic feature of the plugin logs All errors and you can easily export your redirects if necessary.
- Auto Monitor 404 errors.
- Option to Import/export functionality.
- Add 301/302 redirects with ease.
- Also other redirect types are supported (301, 302 and 307).
- Automatically adds redirects url when post permalinks are changed.
- Redirect based on referrer.
9. WordPress SEO by Yoast
I was using All in One SEO on all of my sites but found that this plugin has all the features that i was looking for and this plugin has a far higher rating in the WordPress plugin repository. So i choose to go for it.
- Helpful to analysis functionality.
- Automatic on page SEO score.
- Complete feed XML sitemap generator.
- Suports Facebook OpenGraph.
- RSS settings .
- Option to edit titles, meta and descriptions in bulk.
- Option to edit .htaccess and robots.txt files.
- Easy Import and export settings.
- Various permalink tweaks.
The above image describes all of it. It has a simple work to do but for you its a big deal…It just Converts Visitors into Subscribers & Customers. We too use this plugin as this is one of the Essential WordPress Plugins you must have. As your blog is going to be a great hit only if you get traffic and once you get traffic you earn a huge money online.
The feature that i love the most is the Exit Intent technology which allows popovers to only be displayed as a visitor is about to leave.
- Easily Design Professional Optin Forms
- Choose from Multiple Optin Types
- Create Hyper-Targeted Campaigns
- Improve User Retention with Exit-Intent
- Eliminates Guess Work with A/B Testing
- Actionable Insights
- Many Many more
Buy OptinMonster Plugin.
Price: Premium, Depends on License Type.
11. Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin (G.A.S.P)
If you are running your wordpress blog & its quite popular, then you have definitely noticed that you blog get lots of spam comments and this comments are not made by human, its done by bots.
So plugin is the solution, is is an easy to use solution that will stop most spam comments.
Unlike other plugin who give the user to solve captcha, everyone dislikes them, this plugin gives a straight cut tick box.
The plugin will also add hidden fields that are only displayed to bots, when they are filled in the comment will be identified as spam.
- Forces user to tick a box to confirm they are HUMANS.
- Adds hidden fields to trick & identify bots.
- Checks the referrer of the users.
- Maximum comments in moderation function.
12. BWP XML sitemaps :
Sitemaps are like the heart of your blog that tells and pings search engines about your blog and notifies them when any new post is made. This plugin is really simple and has quite impressive features. It has the option to automatically create your sitemaps and author sitemaps.
Also it pings to major search engines and has the capability to define the minimum and maximum priority of any post or pages, also it caches and compresses the sitemaps which saves your servers bandwidth and resources.
13. Contact form 7 :
Your visitors /customers may need to interact with you or with your website. You may not want to tell them your email and they go all the way to their mail and compose a email to you. So this plugin is really simple and you don’t need to do any of its backend coding. On one click it will generate a contact form and you can easily edit the fields and would add your email where you want to receive your feedbacks or contacts.
The plugin that have the PubSubHubBub functionality in WordPress. Now you would be wondering ” what the hell is this “. So let me explain to you, this plugin allows you to send huge pings to google and alerts google and tell it that you are the original author of the post you wrote and keep your contents safe from scrappers and bots.
Moreover if you are facing slow indexing in google, then this plugin would bring a great difference in it. It is one of the top listed Essential WordPress Plugins.
In wordpress it has a great feature of auto-save when you write any post or pages. But if you have lots of post or pages means you may have lots of revisions, which indeed consume your database size and may slow down the response time of your website and may end up by digesting all the resources of your hosting. So to get rid of that unused revisions which is no longer needed as the post or pages are published, you can optimize your entire database just by one click of the process button and resume your happy blogging.
This list contains the most Essential WordPress Plugins that every wordpress blogs must definitely have installed . If any of these plugin are not installed on your blog , check out its features and see whether you like it or not. Though i have tried my hard in preparing this list, if by mistake or for any reason I have missed any essential plugin then you may comment below about the plugin and i will check it out.